Published February 11, 2016
DGMC's Neurology Clinic is comprised of dedicated and compassionate professionals who specialize in the comprehensive care of patients with neurological diseases. Our clinical staff consists of the following:
- Two active duty neurologists
- Two active duty neurology techs
- One contractor neurology tech
(1) Consistently deliver high quality health and wellness care (inpatient and outpatient) for patients with disorders or conditions of the central and peripheral nervous system;
(2) Serve the beneficiary population of Travis AFB and TRICARE West Region;
(3) Maintain medical readiness tasking capabilities;
(4) Establish cooperation and coordination with other departments and ancillary services to ensure quality care;
(5) Coordinate educational opportunities which encourage individual growth among staff and residents, and;
(6) Provide a clean, safe, therapeutic environment for patients and personnel.
DGMC's Neurology Clinic diagnoses and manages inpatients and outpatients with acute and chronic neurologic illnesses. Ancillary procedures performed include electrophysiologic testing (nerve conduction studies / electromyography / electroencephalography), as well as outpatient procedures such as botulinum toxin injections for certain neurologic conditions.
NEW PATIENT REFERRAL INFORMATION
Types and ages of patients served:
Patients currently served include TRICARE PRIME beneficiaries <65 years of age; other beneficiaries as designated by Defense Eligibility Enrollment and Reporting System and medical center administration (such as inpatients from VA system).
What we need:
For referrals to Neurology, we require a consult be ordered and entered by patient's primary physician. All consults are routine, referring physician MUST contact on-call Neurologist for any patient needing to be seen within 72 hours.
Please arrive 15 minutes prior to appointment.
Physician Message Center:
Messages may be left on voicemail after duty hours at (707) 423-5029 but will not be answered until the following duty day. All inpatient or emergent outpatient issues (such as those initially handled by the Emergency Department or the Internal Medicine/Surgery house staff) will be handled by the on-call neurology physician who should be paged; patients are not given the direct physician pager number. After-hours and weekend neurology consultative services are available at all times for emergent issues.