Chief Master Sergeant Robert C. Schultz is the Command Chief Master Sergeant for the 60th Air Mobility Wing, Travis Air Force Base, Calif. He is the primary advisor to the commander on matters concerning the morale, welfare, health and discipline of more than 4,100 enlisted men and women. The wing’s assigned aircraft include the C-5M Super Galaxy, KC-10 Extender and C-17 Globemaster III. These airframes conduct air, land and aerial refueling taskings, responding to Joint Chiefs of Staff- directed combat operations, and support U.S. State Department-sponsored humanitarian relief efforts worldwide.
Chief Schultz enlisted in the Air Force in 1996 and has an extensive background in the Air Transportation and First Sergeant career fields having served in the Pacific, European, and Middle Eastern theaters. He has deployed to various locations in support of Operations IRAQI and ENDURING FREEDOM, New DAWN, and Joint Task Force Horn of Africa. Prior to his current position, he served as the Command Chief for the 62d Airlift Wing, Joint Base Lewis-McChord, Wash.
2000 Airman Leadership School, Ramstein Air Base, Germany
2001 Associate in Applied Science, Transportation Management, Community College of the Air Force
2006 USAF Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Kadena AB, Okinawa, Japan
2006 Bachelor of Arts, Business Management, University of Maryland University College, Largo
2007 USAF First Sergeant Academy, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2008 Associate in Applied Science, Human Resource Management, Community College of the Air Force
2009 USAF Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2011 Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education, Joint Forces Staff College
2012 Advanced Air Mobility Operations Course, Air Expeditionary Center, Joint Base McGuire/Dix/Lakehurst, N.J.
2013 Logistics Readiness Senior Noncommissioned Officer Course, Air University
2017 Accelerated Aircraft Maintenance Officers Course, Sheppard AFB, Texas
2018 Joint and Combined Warfighter School, Joint Forces Staff College, Naval Air Station Norfolk, Va.
1. April 1996 – August 1996, Trainee, Basic & Technical Military Training, Lackland, Air Force Base, Texas
2. August 1996 – January 1998, Mobile Aerial Port Journeyman, 721st Air Mobility Squadron, McGuire AFB, N.J.
3. January 1998 – December 2001, Cargo Processing Supervisor, 723rd Air Mobility Squadron, Ramstein AB, Germany
4. December 2001 – June 2003, Unit Training Manager, Det 3, 721st Air Mobility Operation Group, Aviano AB, Italy
5. June 2003 – May 2004, NCOIC Wing Protocol, 31st Fighter Wing, Aviano AB, Italy
6. May 2004 – December 2005, NCOIC Aircraft Services, 724th Air Mobility Squadron, Aviano AB, Italy
7. December 2005 – December 2007, NCOIC Air Terminal Operations Center, 730thAir Mobility Squadron, Yokota AB, Japan
8. December 2007 – September 2008, First Sergeant, 374th Operations Support Squadron, Yokota AB, Japan
9. September 2008 – May 2009, First Sergeant, 374th Aircraft Maintenance Squadron, Yokota AB, Japan
10. May 2009 – July 2010, First Sergeant, 374th Security Forces Squadron, Yokota AB, Japan (January 2010 – May 2010, First Sergeant, 332nd Expeditionary Force Support Squadron, Joint Base Balad, Iraq)
11. July 2010 – August 2011, First Sergeant, 374th Medical Group, Yokota AB, Japan
12. August 2011 – May 2014, Passenger Operations Supt, 437th Aerial Port Squadron, Joint Base Charleston, S.C. (February 2013 – August 2013, Air Transportation Supt, AFCENT/A4, Al Udeid AFB Qatar; August 2013 – May 2014 Cargo Operations Supt, 437th Aerial Port Squadron, Joint Base Charleston, S.C.)
13. May 2014 – May 2015, Chief Enlisted Manager, 8th Expeditionary Air Mobility Squadron, Al Udeid AB, Qatar
14. May 2015 – June 2016, Chief Enlisted Manager, 733d Air Mobility Squadron, Kadena AB, Japan
15. June 2016 – September 2017, Air Transportation MAJCOM Functional Manager, HQ AMC, Scott AB, Ill.
16. June 2017 – March 2019, Superintendent, 62d Maintenance Group, Joint Base Lewis-McChord, Wash.
17. March 2019 – July 2020, Command Chief, 62d Airlift Wing, Joint Base Lewis-McChord, Wash.
18. July 2020 – present, Command Chief, 60th Air Mobility Wing, Travis AFB, Calif.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal with seven oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with one oak leaf cluster
Air Force Achievement Medal with seven oak leaf clusters Meritorious Unit Award with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with seven oak leaf clusters
Outstanding Airman of the Year
Iraq Campaign Medal
Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal
Air and Space Campaign Medal
Nuclear Deterrence Operations Service Medal
North Atlantic Treaty Organization Medal
2000 Distinguished Graduate, Airman Leadership School
2000 21st Air Force Passenger Service Specialist of the Year
2005 724th Air Mobility Squadron Noncommissioned Officer of the Year
2006 John L. Levitow Award, Noncommissioned Officer Academy
2006 15th Expeditionary Mobility Task Force Transportation Noncommissioned Officer of the Year
2006 15th Expeditionary Mobility Task Force Noncommissioned Officer of the Year
2008 374th Maintenance Group First Sergeant of the Year
2009 374th Maintenance Group Lance P. Sijan Leadership Award
2009 Distinguished Graduate, Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy
2009 Pacific Air Forces First Sergeant of the Year
2010 Pacific Air Forces 12 Outstanding Airmen of the Year
2012 437th Airlift Wing Senior Noncommissioned Officer of the Year
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Chief Master Sergeant 01 Nov 2014
(Current as of July 2020)