The Family Medicine Clinic at DGMC is a large clinic that serves over 13,000 empanelled beneficiaries, providing a broad spectrum of health care to the entire family. This includes prenatal care, obstetrical services, pediatric, adolescent and adult medicine, and geriatrics.
We also offer a wide variety of specialty clinics to both empanelled and non-empanelled patients on a referral basis, including:
-Dermatology (mole, cyst & skin tag removals, cryotherapy)
- Colonoscopy -Vasectomy
- Neonatal Circumcision
- Cast Clinic: casting, splinting, fracture management
- Sports Medicine Clinic
- Osteopathic Manipulative Therapy (OMT)
- Acupuncture (note: only Family Medicine patients at this time)
- Gynecological services: colposcopy, LEEP procedures, IUD placement/removal, Nexplanon, endometrial biopsy (note: Family Medicine patients only)
- Continuity Obstetric Care including 2 providers graduating from a fellowship in obstetrics
- 15 Family Physicians
- 36 Family Medicine Residents (Physicians in Training)
- One Behavioral Psychologist and one Licensed Clinical Social Workers
- Eight Clinical Nurses
- 22 Medical Technicians
- Five Administrative Assistants
- One case manager
Patients empanelled to Family Medicine:
-To schedule an appointment, leave a message for your provider, or to request medication renewals, lab requests, or test results, please call (707) 423-3792. Messages for providers should be addressed within one duty day. Renewals of chronic medications will be available for pick-up within three duty days. Telephone hours are 7:30 a.m. - 4 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- To speak with a provider after hours for urgent medical questions or advice, please call (707) 372-0903.
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your appointment time
-Patients are randomly assigned a Primary Care Manager (PCM), who can be either a resident or staff physician. Continuity of care receives high priority, so patients are preferentially booked with their PCM or at the very least with a physician within their element (Blue, Red, or White). Please keep in mind, however, that resident physicians may be off-site for training several months a year and staff physicians have limited availability due to teaching duties.
-Patients may request a specific provider as their PCM through the TRICARE Service Center; requests are approved depending on availability.
The Family Medicine Residency Program at DGMC is the largest training program in the Air Force for Family Physicians. The 3-year program trains 12 residents at each year level and has faculty consisting of 14 senior Family Medicine physicians - including two OB-fellowship-trained physicians, one Sports-Medicine-fellowship-trained physicians, and three colonoscopists.
Highlights of our program include:
- SIM Center: state-of-the-art simulation center that uses advanced training mannequins to train residents to perform resuscitations and emergency procedures -Cast Clinic: extensive training in fracture management to include splinting, casting, and setting fractures -Osteopathic Medicine Curriculum -Women's Health Curriculum -Procedural Training: dermatologic procedures, vasectomy, colposcopy, LEEPs, endometrial biopsy, IUD placement, colonoscopy, exercise stress testing, joint injection and aspiration, first assisting for Ceasarian sections (and potential for primary privileges in some circumstances) -Research Opportunities -Battlefield Acupuncture training and credentialing -Specialty Electives (limited availability and funding for to interested residents):
-- Sports Medicine rotation at USAF Academy, Colorado Springs, CO
-- Tropical Medicine Course in Washington, D.C., with concomitant 2-week humanitarian mission abroad
-- Wilderness Medicine Rotation in Yosemite National Park
PGY1 - Internal Medicine Wards, ICU/cardiology, OB, gynecology, Adult Emergency Medicine, Pediatric inpatient wards, Pediatric outpatient clinic, Family Medicine clinic, Inpatient surgery, Sports Medicine, Practice Management, Behavioral Medicine
PGY2 - Internal Medicine Wards, ICU/cardiology, OB, Adult and Pediatric Emergency Medicine, Pediatric outpatient clinic, Nursery, Dermatology, Family Medicine clinic, Orthopedics
PGY3 - Internal Medicine Wards, Family Medicine Clinic, Community Medicine, Geriatrics, Ophthalmology, ENT, Practice Management, Sports Medicine, Urology, numerous elective opportunities
About the Area and Weather:
DGMC is located just 10 miles from Napa Valley, home to some of the best wine and food in the country! We are only 45 minutes from San Francisco or Sacramento and just two hours from Lake Tahoe. San Francisco offers the finest in restaurants, cultural events and night life. Lake Tahoe offers amazing skiing/snowboarding in the winter and boating/hiking/camping in warmer months. We are also just 2-3 hours from Monterey, Yosemite National Park, and Redwoods.
We boast sunny skies from March through November and temperate although wet "winters" December through March.
Family Medicine Residency Contact Information
Lt. Col. (Dr.) Kirsten Vitrikas:
Medical Student Coordinators:
Please contact us to set up an MS III or MS IV rotation, an MSIV interview, or for more information on our residency program.