Travis upgraded to HPCON BRAVO
60th Air Mobility Wing Public Affairs
/ Published March 12, 2020
TRAVIS AIR FORCE BASE, Calif.— The 60 AMW/CC has directed Health Protection Condition (HPCON) BRAVO in response to COVID-19. There are currently 0 confirmed COVID-19 cases at Travis AFB. The decision to elevate the HPCON is in response to the evolving public health situation in the local area.
HPCON BRAVO includes the following actions:
- Strict Hygiene (frequently washing and/or sanitizing hands, wiping common-use items with disinfectant)
- Covering mouths and noses with a tissue or sleeve when coughing or sneezing; and staying home when sick.
- Practice social distancing and refrain from physical contact such as hand shaking, fist bumps, and sharing food etc.
- All on-base, large gatherings (defined as more than 100 people) are cancelled from now through April 30, 2020, unless they are mission-essential as directed by your unit commander. If you are unsure whether or not an event has been cancelled, please contact the event coordinator for an update.
If you develop flu-like symptoms with fever and cough or shortness of breath and may have had contact with a person who has COVID-19 or had recent travel to countries considered high-risk, contact your health care provider before seeking medical care to prevent possible transmission in the health care setting.
If you are normally seen at David Grant USAF Medical Center, please first call the TRICARE nurse advice line at 1-800-874-2273 or the DGMC appointment line at 707-423-3000 prior to the visit.
- On-base child care facilities will remain open at this time.
- The Travis Unified School District will make decisions, regarding on-base schools independently of this guidance.
Everyone should remain informed regarding the symptoms of COVID -19 (see links below) for additional information:
- COVID-19/CDC Travel Notices: https://www.cdc.gov/
- Department of State Travel Advisories: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/traveladvisories/traveladvisories.html/?fbclid=IwAR1PxhAql63c0NaLutJZiz48DBnMJsmUFmU-qEqKtr_p2pWeyOHX4O9pZJU