Teddy's Child Watch Service is a FREE community-based program provided by the Armed Services YMCA, David Grant USAF Medical Center and the Airman and Family Readiness Center. It is a special waiting room that provides free, on-site child supervision for military parents who need to attend their regularly scheduled medical or dental appointments at DGMC.
The overall goal of Teddy's Child Watch Service is to provide a better quality of life for military families by alleviating the stress and cost of finding child care during medical appointments. This service is available through a part-time staff and qualified volunteers who so generously give of their time to help others. Volunteers are trained in necessary areas of health, safety, and abuse prevention and identification. Oversight is provided by ASYMCA employees, who are CPR and First Aid certified
Guidelines: Current shot records and two emergency contacts are required for each child. You will need to know your sponsor's squadron and the telephone number of their duty station. This program is open to all military dependents. Unfortunately, Teddy's Child Watch is not available to child care providers or other family members. Only the parent or legal guardian can sign their child in or out of Teddy's room.
We strive to serve as many families in one day as possible. Space is reserved for a specific amount of time. Therefore, children must be picked up immediately following your scheduled medical or dental appointment. You must check with Teddy's if your provider wants you to visit another clinic/location.
Food and snacks are NOT allowed in the room for public health reasons, so children must be fed prior to arriving at Teddy's Child Watch. However, individual water bottles and "Sippy cups" are allowed.
Reservations: Please call ahead to guarantee your child/children can stay with us (space available basis) during your scheduled medical or dental appointment at DGMC. Make sure your children are up to date with the mandatory vaccinations (child must be vaccinated for Influenza every year), and bring a copy of each child's current shot records to your appointment.
Location: Teddy's Child Watch is located on the first floor of the David Grant USAF Medical Center in the West central corridor near the 60th Dental Squadron's Arthur J. Sachsel Dental Clinic.
- After passing though the Hospital Gate, turn right at the stop light and merge into the right-hand lane onto Bodin Circle.
- Once on Bodin Circle, move to the left-turn lane leading to the Arthur J. Sachsel Dental Clinic.
- Park in the Patient parking lot on your right near the VA Fairfield Outpatient Clinic.
- Walk past the Arthur J. Sachsel Dental Clinic and enter DGMC's East (side) entrance on the first floor. Teddy's Child Watch Service is the first door on your right.
Teddy's Child Watch Rules & Requirements (Downloadable form; Requires use of Adobe Reader)
Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 8:00 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Weekends, Federal Holidays and AMC-designated Days: Closed
- Jan. 20, 2014: Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- Feb. 17, 2014 : Presidents' Day
- May 23 & 26, 2014 : Family Day / Memorial Day
- July 3 & 4, 2014: AMC Family Day / Independence Day
- Aug. 29 & Sept. 1, 2014: AMC Family Day / Labor Day
- Oct. 13, 2014: Columbus Day
- Nov. 11, 2014 : Veteran's Day
- Nov. 27 & 28, 2014: Thanksgiving
- Dec. 25 & 26, 2014: Christmas
- Jan. 1 & 2, 2015: New Years' Day
- Jan. 19, 2015: Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day